The sweetest match 3 game
Back in 2012, a tremendously addictive game appeared on Facebook that started to hook on millions of users: Candy Crush Saga had just been born. What initially seemed to be a temporary trend consolidated as a true frenzy and invitations and requests started flying in all directions among contacts. Its developers took advantage of its demand and didn't hesitate to launch it on other platforms, including Android.
What is Candy Crush Saga and how to play it?
With such an uproar, you could just think that we're talking about a really original game, never seen to the date. But no, it was a match 3 puzzle game just like the thousands we had already played, with Bejeweled or Zoo Keeper as the most popular examples of this genre.
Combine candies in groups of three and create chain creactions.
Just like in the two above-mentioned games, the player has to swap the places of different objects on a board, in these case candies or sweets, to try to make groups of three or more identical elements, in order to clear them off the screen. The more sweets removed, the more points will be added to his score, and each level has a different point target to be surpassed.
Obviously, all the latter is dressed with a plot that makes the game even more interesting. This time around, we have to accompany Tiffi and Mr. Toffee in their adventures around Candy Kingdom, where we'll meet strange characters and visit magical places, as well as being able to make the most of all these other features:
- Match 3 based on combining identical sweets in groups of three.
- 4 game modes: timed levels, target score, drop down mode and order mode.
- Increase your score thanks to special candy boosters.
- Chain reactions that will give you more points.
- Thousands of levels available with new ones added every two weeks.
- Get passed level 50 to unlock Dreamworld.
- Special wheel to win new prizes every day.
- General classification to view the scores and achievements of your friends.
- Sync your game on all your devices.
But, who invented this crazy game? Well, it's a development by the video game company King, also responsible for developing other mobile games with a similar gameplay, such as the world-famous Bubble Witch Saga, Pet Rescue Saga, Farm Heroes Saga or Alpha Betty Saga. A company that was acquired in 2016 by Activision Blizzard for almost 6 billion dollars. But if you want to blame a single person for creating this game, that has to be the Swedish developer Tommy Palm, who was the genius behind such an addictive title.
But, why is it so addictive?
Well, according to several psychological studies, the addictive nature of this mobile game and the reason why it has so many millions of players all over the world is based on three principles:
- Its social component: the fact that it was first launched on Facebook and being able to share your achievements, results, lives and tools on Zuckerberg's social network, despite playing on your Android phone, makes it a very social game. And being able to boast about your skills in front of people and proving that you're better than our friends make it even more addictive.
- It causes withdrawal symptoms: this game offers us five lives on each level, but if you lose them you have to wait 30 minutes to be able to play again, which means half an hour with an unsolved problem. That obliges you to play again immediately after that time is up and reinforces the psychology of having to play every day.
- It generates incomplete tasks: based on the Zeigarnik Effect that explains why it's so annoying to leave things unfinished, the game creates incomplete tasks that set into our mind, requiring us to solve the different levels and boards immediately to leave anything unfinished.
A never-ending game
Loads of users and fans of this entertainment ask themselves how many levels it's got, when does it finish and how to complete the game. But the truth is that it's practically a never-ending game that doesn't look like we'll ever be able to complete it. Right now there are over 2,000 levels, spread out between normal levels, within normal episodes, and dreamworld levels, within dreamworld episodes. But every two weeks there's a new update with dozens of new levels so you never get bored, and making the game even harder to complete.
Candy Crush Saga for PC, what about that?
If you expected us to tell you the same old story as always about downloading the APK and running it on BlueStacks or any other Android emulator for Windows as the only alternative for us to play this match 3 from a PC with the comfort of a mouse and keyboard, you're wrong. You can obviously go for this option if you want, but you should know that King has already launched a version for Microsoft's operating systems that you can download from the Windows Store. Furthermore, as we've already told you, it's a Facebook game, so you can play from your PC's browser without any problems at all.
After reading all the latter, if you're still not too sure from where you can download the APK of Candy Crush Saga for free to be able to play online from your phone, you've come to the right place to find a link. Just press the download button we've provided you with.
What's new in the latest version
- No changelog available.
- Requires Android 2.3 or above.
The king of Match 3 games
Candy Crush Saga iPhone 1.99.0
One of the most successful Match 3 games